Sunday, January 22, 2012

Absence Makes The Heart Grow Fonder


When you get married most people move in together, settle down, start using the great wedding gifts you got and start a new chapter.  My husband and I are taking a different path.  A month or so after we said, "I DO" I took a new job as a reporter for the NBC station in Des Moines.  I missed my days in television and when I got the call a job was open-I jumped at the chance to get back into the "biz." However, I needed to start right away and although I wanted Ryan to make this journey to Des Moines with me, we had to think smart and have him stay working in Lincoln until a new opportunity opened up for him in Des Moines.  So with my car packed to the brim, I made the trip to Des Moines and moved into the old parents house! I know, living with your parents and you haven't even been hitched for 3 months is a stretch. Ryan said the other day that we've kind of gone in reverse-living separate, calling throughout the day, and facebook messages seem like were back to when we first started dating.
I'm left to "living the dream" at the rents with no cable and some pics of my Nebraska living hubby.

I love this one sequence from our wedding!
I wanted to get the "nice" photo cutting the cake and move on but Ryan had another idea.
He is always making me laugh and I can't help but smile when I see these photos.
Although he promised he wouldn't smash cake in my face that is exactly what he did then proceeded to lick it off me in front of everyone!
 .


I miss him so much, but am hoping this journey we're on will end up being a good story to tell the little ones someday. The saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder" comes to mind and I couldn't agree more.  With distance comes a true appreciation for what you have and what you're missing.  I miss my husband and can't wait until we can start a new-new chapter together in Des Moines--fingers crossed that will be sooner rather than later.

No comments:

Post a Comment